2.27.2007

This is a Blog, But You Better Not Call It a Blog

So I've been thinking about doing this (again) for awhile. Recently I've been told it would be a good decision, that it would be "fun for all." Well, alright. Twist my arm. Apparently my unique writing style (at least, I like to think it's unique) makes things enjoyable to read. Couple that with a passionate rage about...everything...and there could be a few laughs to be had. There could also be a few unintended reader suicides. Make sure you keep sharp/explosive/gunlike objects as far away as possible when you read.

So here it is, a blog, my blog...but you sure as hell better not call it a blog.

See, I hate the word...it isn't even a word, but whatever...I hate the word "blog." It's just so...I don't know...lazy? Childish? Stupid? I don't even know. Say it out loud. Blog. Say it with different inflections. Blog. BLOG. Blog? Blog! BLOG!!! Like, seriously, it sounds more like you should say "I got blogged in the head by that rock" than "I'm gonna go post to my blog about how this music makes me want to cut myself." I look down on people who talk about their blog much the same way that I do people who talk about their Myspace pages (I am the last bastion of under-30 Myspace-lessness...this is likely not true, but I like to think it is, and you and your statistics will never convince me otherwise). I already have one crippling social-networking website addiction (thanks, Facebook a-holes), I don't need another. Or a blog for that matter.

So this is not a blog. This is a...a...um...a "personal forum for topical discussion/ranting/musing." Yes, that's it. Go publish your blogs. I will write my PFTDRM. And then update my Facebook page.

No comments: